During Hot sunny days, adequate amount of water and some essential salts are lost from body causingdehydration.
So, it becomes must to combat dehydration for the sake of summer health and fitnessthat you can do simply following some important steps.
The first concern ever is to know early symptoms of dehydration during summer that are sunken eyes, drowsiness, dark yellow urine and dizziness. Dry lips, dry tongue and thirst are also some symptoms ofdehydration.
During summer, when body is exposed to severe heat it tends to cool itself by sweating, the sweat in turn regulates body temperature securing against extreme heat. So, this sweat is also one of the major factor causing dehydration and a threat to health care in summer. So, the simpler way to beat dehydration is by drinking water properly that balances the fluid loss from body.
Steps to Avoid Dehydration
- Keep a water bottle in hand when you are outdoor
- Take 10 glasses of water or fresh juices during extreme hot days
- Take any of your favorite fruit or fruit juice once in a day
- Avoid sodas and carbonated drinks as they have diuretic effects, increasing chances of dehydration
- Intake liquid after half an hour even when you are not thirsty
- Drink fluid in small slow sips to let it beat the heat of hot summer days
- Eat some salty snacks or biscuits during summer days as it replaces lost electrolytes
- Splash water on face time by time to stay cool and hydrated
- Go in sun with umbrella
- Avoid foods with hot after effects like chocolate and coffee
- Have cool bath twice a day as it reduces heat related illness and combats dehydration also
- Consume some fluids or fresh juices that contain essential slats as such calcium, iron, magnesium, sodium and potassium, you can find these all in fruits available during summer
- Make some refreshing thirst quenchers your own
Take any seasonal fruit like watermelon, pineapple, falsa, melon, cherry, peach, lemon, lychee, apricot, plum, pomegranate etc. add 250ml water, pinch of black rock salt, brown sugar, granulated sugar or honey. Blend these fruits with crushed ice until uniformly mix. Have these summer sippers and beat dehydration this summer.
Follow these steps to beat summer dehydration and stay fit, healthy and cool.